Monday, March 10, 2014

Radiant Orchid: What is it?

Y'all, I am sunburned. No, like really sunburned. And let me tell you, that dress I wore yesterday had this really cute racerback on it which is significantly less cute when it is permanently printed on your skin. This burn is going to make 4 hours on a fishing boat super fun today. Thank God for PFGs, right?  Ugh, in other news though...
The Pantone 2014 Color of the Year is Radiant Orchid. Okay, that isn't exactly news anymore, but I haven't covered it, so I figured I should get around to that.
The thing with this color is that there seems to be multiple shades of this pinkish purple that count as "Radiant Orchid" because it's pretty unique. It's actually one of the reasons that I had avoided making a set of items in this color. However, after continuing to see people compile items in this color, I have seen a trend in the colors. If you look at the Pantone "Radiant Orchid" nail polishes, you notice that there seems to be a range of the colors, but they have a unifying factor, "an enchanting blend of fuchsia, purple, and pink undertones." Personally, I prefer the items in this set that seem to have a more plum than pink quality to them.

What do you think of the Pantone 2014 Color?
xoxo,
SSP

1 comment:

  1. I love the color but i don't have a lot of it in my wardrobe. I'm loving the pumps and the necklace you shared though, so maybe I'll be wearing it more this year!

    xo-ally
    sunnysweetheart.com

    ReplyDelete