Wednesday, March 19, 2014

A Wall of Jewelry

Okay, we have been over my love of Statement Necklaces multiple times on this blog. One thing that we haven't covered though is how to store them. I don't know about y'all, but tangled necklaces drive me absolutely crazy. When I plan an outfit, I don't want to spend time freeing up the necklace I want to wear. Oh, and that's if I even remember to wear it.
I am a very visual outfit planner, it's one of the biggest reasons that I tend to wear the same couple of bracelets and earrings that sit in my jewelry tray. So, how do I visualize my outfits with my necklaces? Say hello to the Jewelry Wall!

here's a close-up:
So necklace wall might be a more appropriate term for this, but you get the idea. Honestly, I need a better system for displaying my bracelets so that those get some more wear, but for now most of them are confined to the jewelry box on my dresser.  I made the decision to have one of these walls after seeing so many cute jewelry displays and frames with chicken wire in friends' rooms and on Pinterest last year.
{via: left and right}
The only think that caused me to hesitate with making that jump was that I wanted to really be able to see all of my necklaces and access them easily. Luckily for me, I had this big, empty wall in my walk-in closet and what better way to fill the space than with some practical decorating?
This wall has allowed me to really show off the variety of necklaces I have and to remind me that I actually do have them! Did I mention that it takes absolutely no effort to make? Seriously, I just used clear thumbtacks to hang them. The thumbtacks allow me to move around the arrangement of the necklaces when I add a new one to the collection and the marks they leave behind are practically invisible, perfect for a rented apartment!
see? just thumbtacks!
This wall has saved my outfits more times than I can count. I just do not function well without coffee, and having my options displayed like this make my mornings a tad easier. Another perk is that it's in my walk-in closet so I can just hold up a necklace and shirt combo whenever I'm trying to decide.
Of course, if I want to wear a dress, I have to go to my other closet to pick that out. Yeah, I have two closets...how many college girls can say that about their apartments? Just another reason to absolutely love where I live, of course, it helps that I have an awesome roommate, too!

How do you store your jewelry? Any bracelet display suggestions?
xoxo,
SSP

2 comments:

  1. Love this, such a great idea!
    xoxo
    mQs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea. I might have to try it at my new place.

    ReplyDelete