Wednesday, March 6, 2013

SNOW DAY

A touch of Lilly in a winter wonderland

As I mentioned in my morning post, today is a snow day. I was up until 3:45am cramming for a pair of exams at my sorority house (I knew I wasn't going to want to have to walk back and forth between my dorm and the library/class in that weather) and basically praying for classes to be cancelled. Lo and behold, when I woke up from my nap at 6 and looked at my phone, I found classes to be cancelled for the day. This effectively begins my spring break since those were the only big assignments this week.
leaving the sorority house...thank God, Starbucks was open
this was at 7am...glad I changed from my duck boots to my wellies!

I decided to leave and head back to my dorm right then, because the snow showed no signs of letting up and I really wanted to just curl up and go back to sleep...but in a bed this time.  After trudging across grounds through the snow, and taking a bazillion pictures along the way, I finally made it back to my dorm only to find that we were out of power and my phone was at 4% battery. So there I was, in a dimly lit dorm with an almost dead cell phone, in a blizzard, on the outskirts of a college campus...basically this is what horror movies are made of so I decided that I was not going to be staying there.
I am writing this post sitting in the hallway of one of the few buildings with power watching "A Philadelphia Story" (one of my all time favorites), charging my phone, and munching on animal crackers (thanks for the care package, Momma!)...can't really complain too much, except that my butt is kind of going numb from sitting on the hard ground here for so long (probably TMI, but whatever).
painting my nails "Turquoise and Caicos" during a blizzard...yay, irony

I should probably venture out and try to find food soon, there is a dining hall open but it's the only one and it has a line that makes waiting for a ride at Disney World look fun. For the record, I did come to college prepared with food, but said Macaroni and Cheese/popcorn/grits requires electricity to heat up.
I hope some of you are getting to enjoy a snow day as well, maybe one with electricity.

xoxo,
SSP

Update: I got food. Yay for the drunk muchies 24/7 diner being open! And I am finally posting this from my room and guess who still has no power or wifi?...yay snow storm (yeah, that's sarcastic). At least I have 3G so I can post this! Right? 
Update 2: the other dorms have had power for 3 hours now and it is 1am and we still don't...this might be because they forgot about us all the way out here in the boonies?


1 comment:

  1. I'm so jealous that y'all got snow! I'm just an hour away in Lynchburg at Sweet Briar and we got maaaaaybe 2 inches and it didn't even stick to the pavement!

    ReplyDelete