Monday, March 18, 2013

Rainy Day Monograms

I am so excited to finally debut this. I wore it last week on my rainy day in Florida and it took all my self-restraint not to just show it off then. Of course, I was secretly hoping for a rainy day today so that I could actually show it off...well, I got one. I woke up to snow! Yeah, March 18th in Virginia and it's snowing? Clearly Mother Nature is lost or spiting me for wishing for a drizzle. In fairness, it is drizzling now but it is really cold too. I was not feeling like another "How to Style Duck Boots" outfit post plus I had a 9am exam so running leggings and a sweatshirt it is. At least my rain coat looks cute...even if it is tucked under my Eddie Bauer Down Vest.
Anyways, back to the coat. I got this one from Marley Lilly. I have raved about this site before and I will again. As great as it is to find stuff on Etsy, Marley Lilly has the most comprehensive site for monogrammed goodies I have ever seen and their customer service is outstanding (I had a slight thread color panic on my derby hat last year). I got the Eddie Bauer rain coat, and while I love it, I would recommend the heavier one if it is going to be your primary rain coat just because I prefer a bit of weight to mine usually (but this one is great!). If you order the coat, you have the option of getting the chest, hood, or both monogrammed, obviously I chose both. I think any of the options look good, it's just a question of how obvious you want the monogram.

Also, don't forget to look out for next week's Monogram Monday...I know y'all are going to want to win the giveaway!

"My rule is, if it it's not moving, monogram it" -Reese Witherspoon
xoxo,
SSP

No comments:

Post a Comment