Sunday, March 10, 2013

Mustang Sally

Another day of baseball, another late outfit post. That's just the type of week I am having and I can't complain about that. Today we went to see the Yankees take on the Toronto Blue Jays in Dunedin at the Florida Auto Center Stadium. It was our first time at this stadium so wearing these wedges was taking a bit of a gamble from a walking perspective (sometimes parking is far away) and I lost out on that gamble today, but it was totally worth it! These shoes are destined to be a wardrobe staple and I have only had them for 72 hours. I saw them on Target's website a while ago and fell in love, but of course they were sold out. Luckily, my local Target had them when I was running my errands before departing for Florida and I snagged a pair. I really want them in red too, and maybe black, and I guess if I am buying both of those I should just complete the set and get the teal ones too? Yeah, I kind of like these shoes...
top: Old Navy (last year) // skirt: J. Crew // bracelets: fornash and H&M // purse: H&M // shoes: Target // cardigan: Ann Taylor Loft (not pictured)

changed into a Shep Shirt and cropped pants for a chillier evening on the boardwalk...and yeah, I ate that whole cone of custard (so yummy!!)

Now, you might be wondering what any of this has to do with Mustang Sally. Well, after the game we decided to stay in the Clearwater/St. Pete's area for shopping and dinner. We stopped off at The Old Snack Shack in Madeira Beach for a Hawaiian Shaved Ice and got snack and a show. Yes, ladies and gents, while sitting there enjoying our snack and staring out at the beach, an overly-tanned middle aged man with his nipples pierced wearing jeans with leather chaps over them and no shirt (hence me knowing about the nipple thing) started to perform some classic rock songs. It was all fun and games as everyone took photos of this spectacle until he came over to me and started to serenade me. Yep, he came and sang "Mustang Sally" to me, thoroughly enjoying my complete embarrasment at being singled out. It was definitely an experience I will never forget.
hiding from him as he approaches...Dad just took pictures and laughed
xoxo,
SSP

p.s. get excited for tomorrow's OOTD/Monogram Monday...I know I am!!!





1 comment:

  1. Hi, I love your style! The photo of you in the shep shirt is adorable. I have been dying to find the one that's navy with light blue shoulder pads in an xs or s, but vineyard vines runs out of shep shirts really frequently. I'm glad I'm not the only one who lives in an urban area who loves/wears them!

    ReplyDelete