Wednesday, September 24, 2014

6 Things to Love About Fall

Happy second day of fall! I got to wear my favorite vest today so you know it's going to be a good day...hopefully. Honestly though, Wednesdays are long for me, but there are so many positive happy things to think about right now, like early fall weather! This is my favorite time of year because I get less allergies than the seasonal transition to spring and I love layering sweaters, plus it is only for a few months so I can binge on these things and then wait 9 months for it to roll around again. Please note, my birthday didn't even make the cut...that's how much I love everything else about this season! It's hard to pick a few of my favorite things, but if I had to choose, these would be them.

1) Pumpkin Spice Lattes
Realistically, this is pumpkin flavored anything, but I do love this drink. There are a few recipes for homemade ones that I have yet to try, but I will let you know when I do. I love the smell and taste of pumpkin and I think it's because it is seasonal, but regardless...this is definitely a fall favorite.

2) Layering Vests
I love any look that is practical, comfortable, and cute. Believe it or not, I actually like wearing turtlenecks, and if I didn't, you'd never catch me in one. Layering is perfect for those cold, frosty fall mornings that warm up to be 70 degrees by the time you walk home from class. 

3) Bonfires
Okay, so you can do these any time of year. But wrapping up in a blanket with a cup of hot chocolate sounds pretty great if you ask me.

4) Fall Colors
...and fabrics. One of my favorite parts about going to Gold Cup with my family is seeing everyone in warm fall colors and suede, furs and tweed. Normally, I am not one to stray from my classic navy, but I love dark plums and burgundy this time of year.

5) Football
Does this even need explaining? It's time to tailgate and watch your favorite college, professional, or even High School team play. Also, this is a good time of year to re-watch Friday Night Lights...you know you want to.

6) Apple Pie
Really any pie or hearty fall dish actually, but fresh apple pie is always good. What's more fun than going to an orchard and picking a bunch of apples to make a pie with when you get home? Well, I think it's fun...

What are your favorite parts of fall?

xx,
Erin

1 comment:

  1. Ahh I absolutely love this list, so many of my favorite things are in this list! Love vests so much as well.

    http://thepreppysisters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete