Monday, September 8, 2014

5-Minute Microwave Peach Crisp

In typical Virginia fashion, the weather has changed overnight. No, it isn't cold, but walking to class in 65 degree weather this morning was a drastic shift from last week...not that I'm complaining! Regardless, between the weather and my sore throat from allergies, I am craving something warm to eat or drink. 
On Saturday, I went to the Farmers' Market with some friends and picked up a couple of end-of-season peaches and blackberries. I don't know what prompted it, but a peach cobbler/crisp was exactly what I wanted, so I sort of threw together a 5 minute Peach Crisp recipe that is delicious and I can't wait to make it more this year (with canned peaches...bye, Summer). To be totally honest though, I just used some rough estimates when making this, but I tried to guestimate how much I used so that you can make it too!

5-Minute Peach Crisp

Ingredients:
1 Peach/Canned Peaches
3/4 Cup Quick Oats
1/3 cup Brown Sugar
2 Tbs Butter
1 Tbs Flour*
Pinch of Cinnamon (optional)
Directions:
1. Cut up the peaches, or drain, depending on what type you're using. Place off to the side in a microwave safe bowl.
2. Melt Butter.
3. Combine butter, oats, sugar, flour and cinnamon in bowl.
4. Pour mixture over peaches.
5. Microwave for 90 seconds.
6. ENJOY!!!

If I had some Vanilla Ice cream I would have definitely added it to the top of this, but it was delicious regardless.

xx,

Erin

*I didn't actually use this, but I just saw another recipe on Pinterest did and it would definitely help with making the topping thicker!

No comments:

Post a Comment