Sunday, April 14, 2013

The Age of Un-Innocence

"Welcome to the age of un-innocence. No one has 'Breakfast at Tiffany's' and no one has 'Affair[s] to Remember.' Instead we have breakfast at 7am and affairs we try to forget as quickly as possible. Cupid has flown the co-op."
-Carrie
Sex and the City 1.1
I did it. I finally broke into my Sex and the City box set of DVDs. No, I have not finished The West Wing yet (so close, so dang close), but I was feeling a need for 30 minutes of advice from Carrie while I got ready on Saturday morning, and that is exactly what I got.
How true is this quote? I think she hits the nail on the head. I wish life was more like the black and white classics that I love, but it isn't. I will not "always have Paris" with someone, it's more like "We'll always have that one night at that one fraternity party..." so yeah, not exactly romantic. 
Of course, who needs a man when you get to spend your weekend with a stud like this? Am I right or am I right?
I hope y'all have an amazing start to your week!

xoxo,
SSP

No comments:

Post a Comment