Saturday, April 6, 2013

Buy Fresh, Buy Local

"Let us not forget that the cultivation of the earth is the most important labor of man. When tillage begins, other arts will follow. The farmers, therefore, are the founders of civilization."
-Daniel Webster
Today was my first Farmer's Market Saturday of 2013. Admittedly the weather was a bit chillier than I would've liked and I was going incognito in my yoga pants, baseball hat, and ray-bans, but it could not have been a better morning. I love the farmer's market, just walking around and chatting with different vendors about what they're selling while I sip my coffee. In the summer, Momma and I walk down to the one in our town on Saturday mornings and get some alone time to chat, which I love.
Plus, I think it is so important to support local farmers. First of all, you won't find produce much fresher than at the Farmer's Market unless of course you grow your own. Secondly, it is almost always organic (double check with them) and cheaper than the store. Finally, as the quote I chose above says, we would be nowhere without farmers! If you're looking for a market near you, here is a database to find them!
I took pictures as I walked around this morning, most of the fruits and veggies will be coming out in like a month or so, but I did get some great black raspberry jam that I am currently eating with some crackers as my lunch!
Confession, I also stopped by a little consignment boutique (Darling) that is owned by a Chi O alum because I had been dying to go and I got the cutest statement necklace. Can't wait to debut it...be on the lookout Instagram followers!
gorgeous green plants
one of the jewelry vendors...loved all the freshwater pearl action!
this might be my new favorite thing ever. Iced Peach Ginger Black Tea
few things make me as happy as fresh flowers
lunch! seriously, this jam is amazing

Do any of y'all like farmer's markets? What are your favorite things to get at the Farmer's Market?

Also, if you missed yesterday's Fashion Friday post, go check it out, I know I posted it later in the day than usual. 

xoxo,
SSP

No comments:

Post a Comment