Tuesday, July 8, 2014

When Life Hands You Lemons...Make Sweet Tea

Remember how I wished I could stay at the beach for another week? Well, I don't have work again this week so I guess that is sort of life's way of telling me that I should've been happy with the one week I had off. I don't do well with having nothing to do when I am not on vacation, I like to be productive with my days, or at least for the majority of the day. Seriously, I went to my 5:15am spin class yesterday even though I didn't have work (crazy...)
However, instead of sitting around and binge-watching Netflix all day, I am taking this time to do other things that I had been putting off because of my job. Despite having no work, I have a relatively full to-do list. The only difference is that I get to check things off of that list as I sit on the patio with a cup of coffee while listening to Mike and Mike on ESPN radio. As someone once said, when life hands you lemons...
...make sweet tea!
Is that not how that goes? Well it should, because there really is nothing better than a cold glass of sweet tea. Since I have the day off and plan to spend this hot day outside (mostly in the shade with a tanning break...obviously) I figured it was a perfect day to make some sweet tea! I know everyone has their own recipe and likes it with different levels of sweetness, but I am going to share the recipe that I love and my brothers cannot seem to get enough of...seriously, this stuff rarely lasts longer than a day or two in my house. Oh, and I made gallons upon gallons of this stuff for my sorority's recruitment without any complaints!

Smooth Sweet Tea
2 Cups Boiling Water
6 Cups Cool Water
6 Tea Bags
3/4 Cup Sugar
1 Pinch Baking Soda

Sprinkle a pinch of baking soda into a heat-proof, glass pitcher. Pour in boiling water, and add tea bags. Cover and allow to steep for 15 minutes.
Remove tea bags and discard; stir in sugar until totally dissolved. Pour in cool water, then refrigerate until cold.

xoxo,
Sugar Snap Pearls

1 comment: