Friday, July 11, 2014

Friday Five: Mixing It Up

Another week without work...actually, another week without work at my job would be more accurate. I am sort of enjoying this freedom to build my own brand that it has provided me, but I still would appreciate some employment and cash flow. I guess one of the perks of having this week off has been that I read through articles and blog posts that people have shared or recommend that I otherwise would've missed! Here is today's Friday Five...TGIF, y'all!

I felt like this was relevant given my current situation. Despite not going to the office this week, I am still working and trying to maximize my productivity. My day started with my 5:15am spin class and was followed by emails, theSkimm and coffee. Actually, I am writing this post from the "Coffice" because I needed to get out and I also need to make a run to Target this afternoon (I know, it's a hard life). It might not be something that everyone enjoys or can do without getting painfully distracted, but it seems to be working for me!

{via}
Two Words: Free Chicken. I mean come on, all you have to do is dress up like a cow and you get a free meal so that is totally worth dressing up for. Luckily, Chick-fil-a has even provided this pdf so you don't have to come up with a costume yourself...and the costume is totally Sugar Snap Pearls approved ;) Actually though, anything that involves free chick-fil-a is worth the sacrifice! Oh, and it is free slurpee day at 7-11...woohoo

I am not one to stray away from stripes, especially navy stripes. I love how she paired the two different striped items so smoothly. I don't have a striped skirt, but now I am definitely wishing I did. If you want to recreate this look, make sure that the two items have a noticeable difference in the weight of the stripes so it doesn't look like you're trying to match the weight and style. 

I actually laughed when I saw this article on HerCampus (and this one on Huffington Post) and immediately posted it on my friend, Lucy's, Facebook wall because we "followed her before she was cool". We started following Teigen on twitter when we were sophomores in High School because we found her through her now-husband, John Legend, and totally appreciated her sarcasm and passion for cooking. This woman is the total package, can I just be her? Also, she has 3 bulldogs and I am obsessed with French Bulldogs, so...

I teared up reading this and I am not ashamed of it. Seriously, it is so sad that things like this happen and it really breaks my heart to know that abused animals can identify the relief of that moment when it comes to an end. Thank you to the amazing people who rescue animals, like Raju, every day. 

xoxo,
Sugar Snap Pearls

2 comments:

  1. Whoooo I got a shoutout! #chrissyteigenforever

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally love this idea and used and credited over on my blog! Thanks for the follow, your blog is great! :)

    -HC
    hcprep.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete