Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Simple Kale Blueberry Smoothie

It is amazing how a morning routine can shape a day. I haven't had work for the last week and I can honestly say that the biggest difference between me today and over the past couple of days was getting back in my routine and starting the day off in a great way. One of the things that I have added to my morning routine is a delicious berry kale smoothie based off of a recipe I found on Pinterest.
Kale is so good for you and this smoothie is a satisfying breakfast, keeping me plenty full until lunch rolls around. As with any recipe, there are a bunch of great variations on this smoothie and you can enjoy it any time of the day!
Kale and Blueberry Smoothie
Ingredients:
2 Cups Kale leaves (rip them off the stem)
3/4 Cup Frozen Blueberries
6oz Greek Yogurt
-possible additions-
1 Banana
splash of Almond or Skim Milk

Put all the ingredients in a blender and blend until you get it to a consistency you like. Enjoy!
so simple!
Also, if you like for your smoothie to be a bit creamier, add some milk and possibly some extra yogurt, it's all about proportions!
3 ingredients (plus banana and a little extra yogurt)
xx,
Erin

2 comments:

  1. Ooh that looks delicious, and so healthy as well. I will have to try this!

    http://thepreppysisters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete