Friday, July 18, 2014

Friday Five: Respect

This week I finally returned to work, but that doesn't mean that I didn't have time to peruse the internet. I actually had 7 links saved for today's post so these are my five favorites. Each one of these I found relatable in some way, even if it was just that it caused me to realize how little things can impact something so greatly. Enjoy the post and the start to your weekend!
#guilty
I am totally guilty of the food and social media trend. I have taken so many pictures of meals "to put up on my blog" that never make it up there. We are so attached to our phones these days and technology has definitely changed the culture. It is really interesting to see how the it has changed something as simple as the restaurant experience. Next time I am at a restaurant, I am definitely going to be more aware of being polite to the wait staff as well as the people that I'm with!
I have become a bit of a yoga junkie. Seriously, I did a couple of Sun Salutations last night before bed because I hadn't been in 3 days and I missed it. It is amazing to see the changes that your body and mind go through when you start to do yoga! Plus, it is really fun to be able to add more advanced moves into your practice as you get stronger and more flexible.
I will admit I was a tad confused when I saw this title after several Chi Os shared it on facebook, but I loved the article. Anyone in a sorority can relate to this, I hope. I love being a Chi Omega and thought this was a great way to engage readers who might judge a sorority by what the general superficial reputation may be.
In the wake of all the terrible things going on in the world today, it is always wonderful to hear about people who are just genuinely good and make the world a better place, even by saying something simple. This photo and the reason it was taken gave me goosebumps. If you don't follow Humans of New York on Facebook and/or Instagram, I would recommend doing it ASAP. 
Five: RE2PECT
As y'all probably know, Derek Jeter (aka my first crush) is retiring at the end of the season. He is one of the most widely respected and talented men to ever play the sport and my Yankees sure are going to miss him. On Wednesday, he played in his final All-Star Game, leaving the field to a standing ovation. This commercial also aired this week and it is amazing to see how many famous athletes and people are in this commercial tipping their cap to the Captain.

xx,
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment