Sunday, December 1, 2013

Inspire Yourself

Who inspires you?
That is a question I asked myself the other day. Who is it that I really want to be and whose footsteps do I want to follow in? Do I dream of being a Jenna Lyons or an Erin Andrews or neither? What do I want to do? Whose career can I mirror mine after? Do I love quotes by Mother Theresa, Thomas Jefferson, or famous athletes most?
The answer? It doesn't matter. I am a fashion and lifestyle blogger with a passion for sports pursuing a degree in Foreign Affairs and currently toying with the idea of adding a history minor. My interests are all over the place and that makes me, me. I feel like it is so easy to think you have to fit a mold in this day and age, like you should have an idea of where your life is going and a narrow, but deep set of interests. I like to be connected in so many fields and I feel like I can talk to anyone because I am familiar with all these topics. 
So as finals approach and you think about internships and jobs for the summer (or the rest of your life!), get inspired by whatever and whoever you want. Be the person you want to be because at the end of the day, you have to love yourself. I may not want to write children's books, but my all-time favorite quote is from Dr. Seuss and I feel like it sums my life up pretty well:


Also, please feel free to submit blog post ideas...I would love some inspiration! Oh, and don't forget, tomorrow is Cyber Monday! if you don't actually swipe the credit card, does it really count? ;)

xoxo,
SSP

3 comments:

  1. You are really doing a great job here … But I felt it would be great If I share the ideas with … Let me know what you think about Facebook FREE use, Best Single Parent Dating App, and Waptrick

    ReplyDelete