Saturday, December 28, 2013

Preparing to Resolve

I am writing this post while watching the Clippers game on Christmas night and y'all will be reading it when I am crammed in a car like a sardine on my way up to Utica. I guess a blogger just has to prep some blog posts whenever she gets a chance right? On the note of the NBA, I just don't see how these short-sleeve jerseys are comfortable for the guys to wear...and they certainly aren't attractive. Anyways...
With the new year coming up around the corner, it is that time of the year where we make promises that we tend to forget about halfway through January. Why is it that we struggle so hard to make realistic resolutions each year? Well, I am no expert, but I have some ideas as to why I tend to mess them up and here are some guidelines to make a few resolutions that will actually stick this year.
{via}
Make it...
1. Realistic: It seems so simple, but it is so important. You will not suddenly have time to make it to the gym every day this year, so don't try it. Try for 3-4 times a week and if it is looking like you can go more often, then increase it!
2. Meaningful: If you aren't super committed, you won't do it. It takes 30 days to make a habit, and if you are approaching that in a nonchalant manner, it will show, and your goal won't be accomplished.
3. Okay to Mess Up: We all hiccup now and then so roll with the punches. The reason you are making this resolution is because you are trying to improve yourself and no one said it was going to be easy.
4. A Conscious Effort: Don't forget about your goals. Write it down or reflect on it at night. Do something to get yourself thinking about this goal.
5. A Reality: You can do it! As long as you are making a goal that you can both achieve and one that you care about, it will happen with a little determination. No one said it was going to be easy, but it will be worth it.

Personally, I am starting to work on my list of goals now. I think that 3 is a reasonable limit. I already have my 22 by 22 list to accomplish by October, but my goals for New Years this year are going to be a bit more substantial than cooking certain foods or buying pajamas :)

What are your goals? Any goal making tips I should add?

xoxo,
SSP

No comments:

Post a Comment