Thursday, June 26, 2014

Country Club Prep On The Corner

Gosh, I love Charlottesville. Being back there, even for just a quick trip, made me so happy yesterday. I can't help but think that I am so lucky to spend another year there. I am not the only person who loves Charlottesville, and alumni who come back always talk about how great the town is and there are lots of people who never leave. With Charlottesville being as great as it is, it should come as no wonder that Country Club Prep decided to open their first brick and mortar store in this wonderful college town.
The founders of the retailer attended the University of Virginia for Law School and now, almost ten years later, have decided that it is the perfect place to open its doors in a historic building on The Corner.
Last week I got an email with an invite to their soft opening and I just couldn't pass up the chance to check out one of my favorite shops and an evening in Charlottesville. One of the best parts about the founders being from UVA is that they understand the UVA lifestyle and want to be a part of it. This is more than just a store on the corner that will be everyone's tailgate go-to, they are going to become a staple of the community. They have tables out front and they will readily provide wifi to anyone who wants to take advantage of that great location. When you go in to shop, you will never leave empty handed, even if it means just with one of their complimentary koozies or a sticker. 
Right now the store takes over the first level of the building, but they have plans to renovate the second floor to add more of their merchandise that is only online right now. If you haven't checked out their website, I highly recommend doing so. They carry everything from Jack Rogers to Smathers and Branson, and from Lauren James (please, someone buy me a tailgate dress!) to Southern Tide. 
Their store is sure to be a hit for locals, and if you ever find yourself in Charlottesville, this is just another reason that you should venture over to The Corner...this and Bodos, of course!


xoxo,
Sugar Snap Pearls


3 comments:

  1. Oh I'm going to have to go take a look around!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your blog! It looks like we both have an obsession with monograms, coffee, and classic styled fashion! Can't wait to read more!

    xoxo,
    Natalie
    allthingsnataliechrista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am also very crazy about the country clubs and my maximum holidays spend in shopping and enjoying golf tournaments in a country club with my best friends. My last visit was at The Club At Boca Pointe, this is incredible place for senior aged peoples. They provides luxury living at very cheap rates. I want to visit there again and again.

    ReplyDelete