Wednesday, June 4, 2014

40-40-20 (and Camo?)

Today I realized something about my getting in shape program that is so important. I really wish I had looked more closely at this before, but since I am just realizing it now, I want to share it with you. In order to see results of weight loss and muscle development, you need to eat a balanced diet and cut calories. That is probably something you already know though, right? Well, did you know that how you breakdown your diet is just as important as how many calories you eat?
I have been doing a really good job with my caloric intake and exercising and monitoring it all on My Fitness Pal, but what I haven't cared about is how that breaks down. I have been eating proportionally more carbs and fats than proteins and that is a big part of why I don't feel like I am getting results! That being said, going forward, I have a new goal for my daily caloric intake:
40-40-20
What does that mean? Your diet should consist of roughly 40% proteins, 40% carbs, and 20% fats. This nutrition breakdown is a great way to get in shape. You need more proteins for fuel to build and repair muscles, and of course it makes sense that you need less fat if you're trying to burn fat. Breaking down your diet this way will also help you if you tend to eat foods that are more wholesome and healthy if that is your weak spot.

Okay, now that we have that health tip out of the way, can we discuss the Fabletics Camo Comeback? It might be a bit ridiculous, but I just really want a pair of camo leggings to encourage me to kick butt in a 5:15am Spin class or Yoga (yeah, started that as my afternoon workout yesterday...)


xoxo,
Sugar Snap Pearls

No comments:

Post a Comment