Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Study Spots

Oh my gosh, I am so happy to finally be done with final exams. I have to turn in 2 five-page papers on Thursday, but I am done with the actual exam part of the year, it's time for the homestretch. Yesterday in the library I found myself straining to see the text in a book and on the computer screen. I have 20/20 vision, but when you spend that much time reading on your computer, your eyes are going to start to hurt...it was a welcome excuse to lay down for a few minutes, though. 
Anyways, today I had an exam and the idea of going back to the library was just not one I was happy with, so I am taking advantage of this amazing weather and prepping for my exams outside! I know I can't be the only one tired of my study spot, so here are some other ideas of places to go!
Outside
Obviously I am a little biased since I am already out here, but the weather is so nice and it might even give me a nice base tan for beach week!
Coffee Shop
You're probably in need of some caffeine anyways, so why not study while you're at it. Starbucks gets crowded in almost every college town this time of year (oh and they are 24 hours during finals!) but scoping out a cute, local shop can be fun too!
Your Apartment
You can lounge around and blast your study mix without headphones and study snacks are just a room away! Just be careful to not let your bed become a constant nap zone instead of studying!
A Different Library
This probably depends on where you go to school, but UVA has a bunch of libraries with all different atmospheres which can be a welcome change of scenery without losing library productivity...also, the quiet floor is always available if your headphones don't quite drown out the library chatter. 
Friend's Apartment or Sorority House
You can still study with friends without going to the library. There is constant stream of girls going in and out of the Chi O house this time of year, especially because it is so close to grounds!
The Gym
Okay, I don't mean this for serious studying, but the gym can be a nice escape while you catch up on reading. Spend a little bit of time on the bike or elliptical to keep the blood flowing while you work through weeks worth of reading or notes. 

Also, don't forget to take study breaks and sleep! I hope finals are going well!
xoxo,
SSP

1 comment:

  1. I wish we had multiple libraries! We only have one, and it's currently under construction, so there's not enough seating for everyone who wants to study and it gets so noisy with the workmen!

    ReplyDelete