Sunday, May 11, 2014

Momma's Day

Rory: Okay. You're sure you're not mad?
Lorelei: Oh, well, you'll never truly know until you read my memoir.
Today is Mother's Day! Today is the day we celebrate the woman who has so willingly sacrificed so much for our success and happiness and to help us grow into the people we want to be. I know that I would not be who I am today without my Momma, probably because she and I are basically the same person. Really though, we look and sound alike and I could not be more proud than to emulate someone like her. She has been there for me through thick and thin and I know she will continue to be there for me as I embark on this next chapter of my life that is coming up a year from now (can't. handle.). 
Mommas are there to be our best friends and our parents and to stumble with us as we discover life. No journey is perfect, but a calm sea never made a skilled sailor. I know life is crazy and that some of y'all are still busy with finals, but take a minute to reflect on everything that your momma has done for you throughout your life and how lucky you are to have her around, even if she may write a nasty memoir about you one day! Of course, you can always hold the "Don't forget you are entrusting your care to me as you age, old lady" card if need be.... I say this to momma as a joke all the time...well, sort of a joke... ;) 
Also, don't forget about all the other mommas in your life! I am saying a prayer for my Grandmama today and missing her like crazy and I will give my Grandma a call later.
Grandma and I
playing Pretty Pretty Princess with my Grandmama
I love you, Momma! Thanks for always being the Lorelei to my Rory and putting up with me!

xoxo,
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment