Saturday, May 17, 2014

Baseball by the Numbers

If you read my blog post from last week, you know that I was MIA due to a few wonderful days at the beach. Oh, and on that note, I somehow failed to upload the pics of the actual decorated Bubba Keg to my blog, so they're up now if you want to take a look!
Also, yesterday on Instagram I revealed that I will be spending my summer interning for MASN (Mid-Atlantic Sports Network) and I could not be more excited for it. I love that things are falling into place for this summer and can't wait for it all to start on Monday. Actually, I am really enjoying this weekend of doing absolutely nothing so that might have been a bit of a lie.
Part of my R and R weekend is going to a Washington Nationals game later today. I love baseball (obviously) and an afternoon at a ballpark is my ideal summer afternoon! That being said, it's a bit chilly and cloudy today...what gives, mother nature? In light of my internship and afternoon plans, I have decided to do Baseball By the Numbers:

1- Number of Hot Dogs You Should Eat
2- Maximum Number of Strike you can get on Foul Balls
2:57- Average Game Length
3- Strikes in an out and Outs in half an inning (aka each team gets 3 outs)
4- Number of Balls for a Walk
6-4-3 or 5-4-3- Common Double Play Combos (shortstop-second-first or third-second-first) each position on the field has an assigned number
9- Numbers of Players in the Field
16- Ounces in a Beer
30- Number of Teams in the MLB
60-70- Number of Baseballs Used Per Game
396.5- Average Home Run Distance

xoxo,
SSP

1 comment: