Sunday, January 12, 2014

Simply Stated

"The only thing that separates us from the animals is our ability to accessorize."
-Clairee Belcher, Steel Magnolias

Please tell me some of you know that quote? If not, go watch Steel Magnolias right now. Seriously my favorite movie, you laugh, you cry, you relate to the characters, it's great. Anyways....
As many of you probably know, I think statement necklaces are the bomb dot com. They allow you to wear an outfit in so many different ways. There are a bunch of different places to find them on the internet and in stores. I love a local Charlottesville boutique called Darling and I have also had luck on Etsy and other sites. Personally, one of my favorite strategies is to pick a designer necklace I like and see if there is a necklace on another site that is inspired by your original piece...it's at least worth a shot. 
make a statement by sugarsnappearls (item links through polyvore)
Recently, I discovered a new site with fabulous jewelry and a price to match, Purple Peridot! Seriously, the necklace I wore in my instagram post this morning is from there, as is my gold tassel necklace. She sells great pieces for amazing deals that are super friendly for a college girl's budget, as well as any other fashionista. Here are a couple of my other favorite necklaces of hers: 
blue tile necklace
crystal sparkler:
subtle and perfect for any outfit/occassion
pennant necklace

What is your favorite statement piece? 
xoxo,
SSP

2 comments:

  1. LOVE Steel Magnolias! So much southern goodness in that movie!! And I'm definitely going to look out for that Cville shop and check out this website! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the crystal sparkler! It's so perfect and goes with any outfit! Simple and classic.

    xo

    Breckenridge Clare

    www.whimofthesouth.com

    ReplyDelete