Friday, November 8, 2013

Time for Tights

Cold weather and skirts are not my favorite combo. However, hours of class spent in jeans doesn't exactly scream comfortable to me either. I think I've mentioned it before, but I am really not a fan of pants. I mean I wear them regularly, and I am starting to think that Ponte pants are the best thing since sliced bread, but I prefer a skirt or dress. So, since I am not willing to give up my skirts just because of the weather, tights are the next best thing. Some people think that tights are a nuisance or reserved for the office or for grandmas, but that is not the case at all! Tights allow you to change up parts of an outfit with colors, patters, and prints. Most importantly, they save your legs on a cold day walking around campus allowing you to keep those adorable flats in rotation. And they aren't just for fall, trust me they can keep you warm in the winter.When the weather gets really cold, I double them up or I throw on a pair of Under Armor leggings under them. Yes I know this is more bulky, but it's warm, and college campuses are cold so I think that is pretty self-explanatory.
time for tights by sugar snap pearls (links to tights on site)
Also, make sure you buy a good, quality pair of tights, especially for those classic solids. A cheap pair will have to be replaced constantly and often loses their shape, even if they don't pullpolyvor. Oh, and the thinner they are, the colder you are. I was talking to my friend who religiously wears tights and she reminded me of the best brand, one that can seriously last years, so I highly recommend Hue tights. 

xoxo,
SSP

p.s. I hit 30,000 views on my blog this week. Thank y'all so much for loving this blog as much as I do. Your sweet comments on here, email, and instagram are the highlights of my week!

2 comments:

  1. I wish I liked wearing tights more because they are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live in the north so I HAVE to wear tights if I wear a skirt or dress in the winter - I just tried SmartWool tights, and they are great! A little pricey, but I found them on sale at 6pm.com and Athleta :)

    jess | Quaintrelle

    ReplyDelete