Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Sweatshirt Chic

I am trying to remember where i first saw the "dressed up sweatshirt" look, but I can't. Honestly, I would bet you dollars to donuts that it was something on Pinterest as so many of my ideas come from that online slice of heaven. Regardless of where I first saw the style, I fell in love with it. People always say to me that they see me dressed so nicely all the time and what they don't know is that the second I get home, even if for just an hour or two, I fold my outfit and throw on a big tshirt and boxers. I love to be comfy, and I probably wear a sweatshirt and leggings once or twice a week around because it is college and I cannot be bothered to always dedicate time to an outfit (usually that is the time spent laying in bed and I use a cute outfit idea to motivate me to get up). 
The sweatshirt look is cute, comfy, and so easy. Seriously, it requires such little effort. All you need is a cute sweatshirt, button down, and a statement necklace. I am a huge fan of the Old Navy sweatshirts because they are at a price you can't beat and they are light-weight...perfect for those menopausal lecture halls (seriously, pick a temperature). 
I have talked about my love for statement necklaces before, and I really can't emphasize how much I love them enough. A necklace, or even a great bracelet or pair of earrings, can completely change the mood of an outfit. Plus, getting fun accessories is an excuse to only really need to stock up on the basics so that you can splurge on that one item you are absolutely dying for. 
Sweatshirt Chic by sugarsnappearls {as always, click on link for details}

Have you dressed up a sweatshirt yet? If you haven't already seen it, I did it today on my Instagram!

xoxo,
SSP

No comments:

Post a Comment