Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Nailed It: Cold Weather Nail Polish

Thank the lord Momma is coming down with my winter gear tomorrow because this weather has definitely taken a turn for the colder. This is the perfect weather for cozy socks, hot chocolate, a fire, blanket and Netflix. While I can't actually have a fire in my apartment, I can curl up with everything else with the ambiance of a fire-inspired wax melt. Cold weather also means changing out the nail polish! Personally, I am loving Cashmere Bathrobe from Essie's Fall Collection and my go-to cold weather color is always a deep red, like Essie Bordeaux.
details of these colors on the polyvore set: nailed it by sugarsnappearls
I am a firm believer in seasonal nail polish. Unless it is for a particular event (i.e. purple for Relay for Life), I have turned my collection over to the rich, deep colors for winter. I am a huge fan of Essie nail polish and while there are other brands, in recent years, this is the one I have become more familiar with and therefore I feel most qualified to recommend to you. I also recommend Amazon, you just can't beat a $5 bottle of quality nail polish.
Now before you go and paint the town your nails red, keep a couple of things in mind about these colors:
1) darker polish=longer drying time: it's not exponentially longer, but be careful to use thin coats so that it dries in a reasonable period of time (my biggest struggle!)
2) base coat is your best friend: these colors will stain your nails if you aren't careful. Really, all colors will stain, but these especially. I often cycle a dark color out with a round of Essie Sugar Daddy to minimize this because sometimes it even gets through the base coat!

What are your favorite nail colors this time of year?

xoxo,
SSP

No comments:

Post a Comment