Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Do It Today!

There aren't enough hours in the day. If I had a nickel for every time I thought that or had a friend express it to me, I certainly wouldn't know what college loans feel like. The sentiment is true though, it is so easy to overcommit ourselves, especially in college. Fear of missing out (FOMO) is real, and we want to capitalize on everything, so how do we do it? 
I have expressed my love of to-do lists before and I stand by it. Without a list, I would get nothing done. As much as my lists helped me though, I still found find myself getting distracted. A list really is no good if you spend 3 hours watching Netflix or take a nap that results in 10 things left on your list at 9pm. There are ways to overcome this though. Recently I have really started to schedule my day in my head, sometimes even writing a time next to an item on my to-do list just to help me schedule it. Oh, and the Pomodoro Technique is awesome...definitely helping my productivity!
I made a sample daily agenda for this post, so feel free to use it. And if you have any other motivational quotes to include on it, email or comment with them! I'd be happy to make ones with different colors and quotes! Let's be productive together!
Also, this post is a part of a new series that I am going to be starting on College and Beyond. I know that I am not alone in trying to navigate my life as a 21 year-old with a broad range of interests and a liberal arts degree! More on this later...

xoxo,
SSP

No comments:

Post a Comment