Sunday, May 26, 2013

Pain is Beauty

"Samantha: My feet are killing me.
Carrie: Here, sit down.
Samantha: I can't. This outfit only works if I'm standing." 
The Turtle and the Hare 1.10
Finally getting back to SATC Sunday after a couple of weeks off! I love Samantha and her bluntness. Most of her quotes are not exactly appropriate for this blog, but they're great nevertheless. Quite frankly, there are some hilarious and/or true quotes on this show that I can't share here (watch the show...just do it!).
I think we can all relate to Samantha in this quote. Pain is beauty, ladies. Be it getting tweezed, threaded, or waxed or relying on Jillian Michaels or Insanity for that perfect beach body, we put ourselves through a lot. One time for me that comes to mind was senior prom. As I took them out, I counted over 70 bobby pins in my updo (flat/straight hair problems). There are also countless occasions where I've worn heels that kill my feet, but I never regret it. There is a confidence associated with looking good that makes that price worth it. Of course, I am writing this in my pajamas so I guess I am not exactly living up to that right now :)
Have y'all ever sacrificed comfort for fashion? I wanna know your stories!
Get excited for this week on the blog because I have at least one extra post, possibly 2 or 3 depending on my schedule!

xoxo,
SSP

No comments:

Post a Comment