Sunday, October 5, 2014

It's a (Dinner) Party

Those of you who've seen my 22x22 list know that I still have a few things to check off before my birthday rolls around two weeks from today. There are a couple things that I unfortunately will not get to do, but I am doing my best to finish the rest. One of the items was to host a dinner party so I decided to invite some of my friends over for a casual Friday of food, wine, and relaxation. It was the perfect evening because we were all pretty tired and wanted to save our energy for last night's 7:30 football game!
I also got to kill two birds with one stone on this one because I used Pinterest for a couple of the recipes.
 
I had work all afternoon, so I just prepared the Chili in the crockpot before I left for work and prepared everything else when I got back. It was so much fun to be able to host everyone and try out some new recipes! One of my friends commented that she had been thinking about how she wished people made more plans like this and I couldn't agree more. It is so nice to be able to organize time together when people's lives get so crazy, especially since it's our fourth year.
Plus, this dinner was so easy to make. I kept the menu simple since I knew that I only had a little bit of time to prep after I got off work:
Menu:
Chili with Rice
Corn Muffins
Spinach Salad
Apple Galette with Ice Cream
Wine
As I said before, I threw the Chili in the crockpot before work so that was easy. The recipe I used called for butternut squash, which I didn't use, but I also wish that I had added some more salt and garlic powder for a little more flavor. For the Corn muffins, I just used Jiffy mix which made the perfect number for a small dinner party. The Spinach Salad was a Dole kit (doesn't get easier than that). I love this Apple Galette recipe. It was incredibly easy to make and it is basically an open face apple pie. The recipe called for a homemade dough, but in the interest of time and sanity, I just used a 9in pre-made pie crust from the grocery store and I think it turned out perfectly fine!
Thanks to my friends who came over for this little dinner party, I am so lucky to have friends like y'all!

xx,
Erin

2 comments:

  1. I've been thinking about doing a little dinner party for my friends as well!! Everything looks super delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our Boston venues ceremony was simple, standing-room-only on the patio and it turned out beautiful. It was such a nice, intimate route to go having it outside.

    ReplyDelete