Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Pearls are a Girl's Best Friend

Marilyn may have preferred diamonds, but I believe pearls are a girl’s best friend. Pearls are classic, elegant, and unlike most jewelry, they get betterwith age and use.
Last Tuesday, I was lucky enough to get to go to an event at the City Club in DC with my Momma and one of her good friends, who I’ve known, basically my whole life. The event was called “Chanel and her Love of Pearls.” Yeah, this event was made for me, right?

Momma, Me, and Ms. B (l-r) at the event

While I was there, shopping and networking, I really thought about how amazing pearls are. If you are going on vacation and bring one strand of pearls and a pair of studs, I promise you’ll be fine. As many of you have probably noticed by now, I rarely change from my pearls and I seem to manage just fine ;)
"A woman needs ropes and ropes of pearls." -Coco Chanel
Anyways, this pearl event was fabulous and the best part was the steep discount offered. The company that brought the pearls both produces and distributes them, meaning they are much less expensive than what you get at a retailer. They are no Mikimoto, but hey, they work and they don’t completely break a college girl’s bank account.
"I favor pearls on screen and in my private life" -Grace Kelly
Princess Diana had many pearls she cycled through
"Pearls are always appropriate." -Jackie Kennedy

That being said, if you want to wear pearls without worrying about losing them, go for some good glass pearls. Seriously, $10 at Macy’s and you won’t be brokenhearted when they disappear, that’s what I do! However, if you want the real deal, searching Etsy has resulted in some promising and affordable options as well. It all depends on what you want to spend, and what you want for your money. 


What is your go-to accessory?

xoxo,
SSP

No comments:

Post a Comment