Monday, July 22, 2013

Life Under Construction

Have you ever felt like your life is under construction? Like you need to make some major changes and don't know where to start? That's exactly where I am right now. I don't know how to describe it, but I started realizing it last week. Maybe it's because I have been working non-stop and my off-hours are that much more precious now, maybe it's because I am disappointed with my school year last year and am going to make a serious effort to change my experience and studying for this upcoming year. You know, maybe I just finally hit rock bottom.
I have been stressed, overwhelmed and a tad depressed. My transferring to UVA was about as smooth as sandpaper and it was reflected in both my social and academic life last year. To top it off, I work 65+ hours a week (totally worth it for the paycheck though) so I haven't really recovered. Basically, have run myself into the ground and I am ready to pick myself up by my bootstraps and get to living life the way I want to.
This year is going to be different. I woke up this morning and pounded out a run, training for the Marine Corps Marathon in October. There is a list of things I want to do and how to change my life. I am purging both stuff (I have a lot of it) and bad feelings. It is time for a new me and there is no better feeling than knowing that I can actually do it. I have a lot to look forward to: new apartment, school year, relay for life committee, and more. It's never easy, but it is worth it.
Well, what does that mean for this blog?
There are no more designated days...except for Fashion Friday. Sure, there will be a Monogram Monday pretty frequently, and Why Buy This Wednesdays will be thrown in there as well. Overall though, it is going to be more about what I want to post and what I think y'all might want to read. Quite frankly, I feel pressured to give y'all a great Monday post or perfect outfits on instagram...why would I let myself stress over that? Guys, I have a lot of clothing, but, surprise, I re-wear outfits. I want to focus on life, not just what dress I am pulling out of my closet on a day-to-day basis. (That being said, I will still do a couple OOTDs a week :] )
I also want to know what y'all want to read! What brings you back to my blog? This blog would be nothing without y'all and I am so grateful for the support you offer. 

Oh, and don't forget to keep up with Sugar Snap Pearls on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, and Bloglovin!

xoxo,
SSP

3 comments:

  1. Your blog is so cute! I just started reading, but am loving it! I'm from Virginia and UVA is my dream school! I hope I can get in there one day, I know it is NOT an easy task! haha Good luck there this year! I'm sure things will get better once you get back to school:) But we've all been there at one point!

    XOXO,
    Caroline
    vaisforlillylovers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete