Sunday, July 14, 2013

Friends and Therapy

"Carrie: Hey, I don't need therapy. I need new friends.
Samantha: Look, we're as f'd up as you are. It's like the blind leading the blind."
2.13 "Games People Play"

How many times have we sat there with a pint of ice cream pining over a boy or emotional eating with a friend who is pining over a boy. I mean heck, this past fall one of my friends at school broke up with her boyfriend of a couple years. She wanted out but then realized how different single life is and was reeling a bit. So, we indulged in a little retail therapy...at Target (hey, we're in college, all right?). 
While there, walking around with our purchases, including sweating pints of Ben and Jerry's, she mentioned that she had always kind of wanted to dye her hair...
So we bought temporary hair dye and dyed our hair. 
Yeah, it wasn't the most rational choice. I am sure every therapist in the world would tell me that wasn't the right way to handle it...but, whatever. Sometimes we just need our girlfriends to help us work through issues and get back on the right track. 

What is the craziest thing you have done to cheer a friend up?

xoxo,
SSP

No comments:

Post a Comment