Friday, August 29, 2014

Friday Five: Favorite Fall Outfit

Tomorrow is the first football game of the season and you know what that means...tailgate time! Oh, and also that Fall is just around the corner. Virginia is notorious for having finicky weather. You absolutely never know what the weather will be from week to week so there is a lot of random clothing in my closet during these next couple of months as we approach winter (ugh). 
Though I have a lot of clothing in my closet, I tend to favor my button downs and ponte pants this time of year. Honestly, if I had to describe my style it would be cute and comfortable, especially as it becomes time to add layers!
It is so hard to just pick a few items that I absolutely love for fall, but if I had to, these would be the ones that I am most excited about breaking out. Plus, together they form a cute and comfortable outfit that is totally customizable with other accessories!
I love my herringbone vest that I got last year and I am thinking of getting one of the cheaper ones from Old Navy in another color for this fall. These vests are the perfect layering piece for fall and they're aren't so bulky that they're annoying to carry around!

These shirts are the perfect neutral for any accessory or other loud piece in your outfit. I have an Old Navy and a J. Crew one and my momma just got one from Gap that she loves so they are easy to find in the fit and wash that you want!

These pants are amazing because they really straddle that line between leggings and pants. I know that it is acceptable to wear leggings as pants in college, which I am totally in favor of, but these are a bit thicker and therefore a bit warmer. Plus, if you have a bit of junk in your trunk (like me) they are the perfect thickness.

Admittedly, I am more prone to carrying my Longchamp around because of college, but I love fall colors for purses. This purse I added here is actually the same style as my saddle colored one that I love so much from H&M. 

Five: Booties
I am so excited about this pair of shoes. I ordered them last week and they are exactly what I was looking for. There are so many styles out there that fit a host of needs, but personally, I wanted ones that would go a bit up my ankle and have the cut that these did. I'd never ordered from Sole Society before, but I definitely will again!

What are the staples of your fall outfits?

xx,
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment