Friday, August 15, 2014

Friday Five: Clickbait

It's finally Friday and I head to UVA in two days. I am really excited. I am also really excited about this week's Friday Five, I am pretty sure that all of these links are clickbait. Don't know what clickbait is? Neither did I, but you'll find out if you keep reading!

Good news, binge-watch is officially in the dictionary. Yeah, Oxford added it to the dictionary so that makes Netflix marathons more acceptable, right? I mean the dictionary accepts them. I honestly had never heard of some of these words, but I am a fast learner #humblebrag (another word that made the cut.) So get up to speed on your lingo so that you can text your friends "stop binge-watching Grey's Anatomy and check out this clickbait I just sent you" or something like that...

Bacall was known most for that deep voice and her look. She had this fabulous signature chin-tucked glower that she was known for, that and she was married to Humphrey Bogart. She also had an amazing sense of style and this compilation of photos of her is very well done and definitely worth checking out. Plus, it includes a clip of the whistle scene, I totally want to be able to use this quote at some point in my life then gracefully exit the room.

For those of you who follow me on Instagram, you may have noticed the picture I posted for you on Wednesday. It makes me so happy, that yes, it is being included in today's Friday Five. Wednesday was my last time seeing Derek Jeter play baseball (live) and my wonderful boss at my internship gave me 4 club level seats to see the game (perks of that job!). Then, as I am walking back from getting food, Momma and I passed Joe Torre. This is a big deal to any baseball fan, but to a Yankees fan, this is ah-freaking-mazing. So I put my food down, grab my ticket, and even though his a security guard is trying to get him into the suite, he grabs my ticket to sign it. I am pretty sure it's because I was in a Yankees tank and the only girl asking him for one. Anyways, I am clearly still on Cloud Nine.

I first heard about this song a couple of weeks ago while watching Kathy Lee and Hoda, and they actually had Maddie and Tae on their show this week. These girls nailed it with this song. I mean, sure I still listen to Today's Country, but I largely prefer 90s and 00s country for many reasons, one is that I get tired of being expected to wear daisy dukes and respond to the endearing nickname, "girl."

Who doesn't love a good buzzfeed quiz? Apparently, I would be the Princess in a Disney movie, a role that I am more than happy to play. Just hand over my tiara and adorable animal sidekick and I am ready to go!

xx,
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment