Thursday, October 3, 2013

Hey October!

Happy October 3rd to all my fellow Mean Girls fans out there!

October is hands down my favorite month of the year, and no, it's not just because my birthday is this month (though it doesn't hurt either). To me, October perfectly represents fall. The weather starts getting cooler, leaves change, apple picking is at its prime, and every Sunday I can park myself in front of a TV for a day dedicated to Football. 
The list goes on and on, but I thought I'd share a few of my favorites with y'all. Get excited for fall, y'all! Don't forget to check out my fall decorating post...seriously, y'all, it really is my favorite season.

Fall Candles

I have heard great things about Bath and Body Works fall candles and they're affordable! I am definitely going to have to stop by and get a couple this weekend. Unfortunately, my lease doesn't allow for us to burn candles in the apartment, but I got a candle/wax melter over the weekend and I already love it! Perfect for any of y'all who want the smell of fall but live in an apartment or dorm like mine! Personally, I love pumpkin scents and am currently melting "Autumn Pumpkin" by Yankee for Kohl's.

All the Sports!
I absolutely can't leave this off the list or stress how much I love this. I love that football has kicked into gear, hockey has started, and the MLB playoffs are going on (even if it's without my beloved Yankees). Fall really is a great time of year for my sports obsession!

Apple Picking
last year at Carter's Mountain with my brothers
I keep meaning to just write a post about this. It's such a great fall day activity, seriously we went as a sorority a couple of weeks ago for just an evening trip and it was so much fun!

Sweaters
Enough said. Now if the weather could just cool down so I could kick off sweater season that would be so clutch. I love how you can just wear a sweater and jeans in the fall. It is the perfect transition between the dog days of summer and bundling up in my winter coat come January.

Pumpkin (and) Pies
Okay, I will basically eat anything pumpkin you put in front of me. I have no self control around a plate of pumpkin flavored baked goods whatsoever. Yesterday at the grocery store I saw Pillsbury pumpkin cookies with cream cheese chips and I haven't been able to stop thinking about them. Also, Trader Joe's has a great display of pre-made, frozen, and mixes for pumpkin/fall flavored goodies. All these sweets bring me to my next favorite...
Do pies just scream fall/winter to anyone else? I mean, I love pie at all times of the year, but something about pie in the fall just works. I haven't made a pie this year, but as the weather starts to get cooler, I think I might have to break out my pie plate (a necessity in any college kitchen, no?)

Dark Nail Polish
I love fall and winter nail polish colors. By October I am so tired of neon nails and ready to break out some other colors. And yes, I have seasonal nail polishes, have you seen my collection? Anyways, I am really excited for fall nails. I ordered one of the new Essie polishes, "Twin Sweater Set" on Amazon and while it is way closer to "Head Mistress" than I realized, I love it. Currently I am wearing "Midnight Cami" and I am pining after "A Vested Interest" and "After School Boy Blazer" (much flatter than Midnight Cami) from Essie's new collection.

Pumpkin Spice Latte
Have I mentioned that I like pumpkin? Well, I love the Pumpkin Spice Latte, but I hate that price tag. I reach a happy medium in this by buying a container of Pumpkin Spice Creamer and putting that in my coffee some mornings. Normally I am all about black coffee, but this is a great fall drink!

What are your favorite signs of fall?

xoxo,
SSP

1 comment:

  1. You should get a little container of Pumpkin Pie Spice and add that to your coffee too, it's super tasty :) I love fall for Halloween - haunted hayrides, cozy sweaters, candles and scary movies!

    jess
    Quaintrelle

    ReplyDelete