Friday, October 4, 2013

Loafing Around

One of the advantages of having a preppy, classic sense of style is that staples in your wardrobe become popular every couple of years and you almost look trendy...kinda. I have had that Ralph Lauren classic streak in me since before I could say prep thanks to my momma. I love dressing with classic style because it makes me feel better about investing in quality pieces that I can a lot of wear out of. This year I am so excited to see the smoking slipper and loafer inspired flat making a big splash in the shoe world. These are the perfect shoe for college because they're sturdier than a regular flat and work so well with both jeans and skirts. Seriously, these last way longer on the uneven brick sidewalks of UVA than any pair of regular flats ever will.
Since they have gained such widespread popularity, you can get them at almost any price point and pattern now. So, while I still pine after Stubbs and Wootton slippers that I will actually never be able to afford, more affordable options are out there that are friendly to a college girl's budget.
Adrienne Vittadini Chiquita Flat (DSW)

Franco Sarto Gerry Loafer (DSW)

Kelly and Katie Dandy Leopard Flat (DSW)

Steve Madden Tweed Flat (DSW)

Stubbs and Wootton (one day...)


Do you have any favorite fall flats?


xoxo,
SSP


1 comment:

  1. Obsessed with those Franco Sarto loafers...adding them to my Christmas list! :)

    ReplyDelete