Wednesday, October 9, 2013

The Little Things

Fall has finally come to Charlottesville.
I got to break out a wool skirt and riding boots today and it is making my Wednesday a heck of a lot better. (For those of you who don't already know, my Wednesdays are basically non-stop from 9am-10pm so little things become really awesome). My excitement over this skirt got me thinking about what truly makes me happy. I think I skip over how amazing so many aspects of my life are on a day to day basis. I didn't really appreciate my free time yesterday, or the fact that reading a card from my Momma made me laugh. Sometimes it takes a lot of stress and exhaustion (aka Wednesday) to make you really appreciate the little things. Now, I am not going to pretend that I suddenly will appreciate everything thrown my way, but I am going to try to tune in more to the little things that make me happy, even on a good day.
Today it is that I got a Pumpkin Spice Latte (not iced!), wore a wool skirt, and I get to have coffee with a friend. Friday it will be the fact that I will be Blacksburg bound to visit so many people I love and care about and the time I have to myself in the car on my way to down...but seriously, I am a pretty amazing car singer if I do say so myself ;)
In the grand scheme of things, these things aren't important, but at the time, they'll put a smile on my face and I certainly can't complain about that. 
Oh! So as I was writing this I forgot to include the most important part about this wool skirt. Happy Woman Crush Wednesday because Jess from New Girl is awesome and Zooey Deschanel wore this skirt to a New Girl premiere. Hypothetical High Five! (yes, I know I am mixing my TV shows here...whatever)
admittedly hers was probably from when this was an expensive skirt in J. Crew Collection not factory, but whatever

Well time for me to get back to my Wednesday and classes, hope you are enjoying the little things in your day!

xoxo,
SSP

No comments:

Post a Comment