Friday, October 11, 2013

Fall Getaways

I am almost Blacksburg-bound people! I am so excited to spend a couple of days with amazing friends and my brothers and of course Hokie Football. Weekend getaways are the best, but I always struggle to pack for them. What if the weather changes? What if we go (insert activity here) and I don't have (crucial item)? There are endless struggles with packing and I certainly get my overpacking gene from my Momma. I'm not kidding the woman brought a full suitcase for Parents Formal last weekend.
My trip this weekend is less than 48 hours, but the list I am giving would be perfect for a Friday afternoon-Sunday evening trip. Also, I tried to include as many suggestions as I could from J. Crew Factory because again, it is 50% off today...yeah, crazy amazing. You would be hard pressed to find this quality at this price elsewhere. Enjoy!

The Packing List:
Good Overnight Bag: I absolutely love the Carry-On bag Lesportsac gave me. If anyone is looking for the perfect weekender, this is it! (Lesportsac)
Sweater: it might get chilly (especially in Blacksburg) (JCF sweater)
Button-Ups: regular and Chambray...they go with everything (JCF Camp Shirt)
Riding boots/Duck boots: Change this up based on the weather and what you're doing, but I can say that I have never regretted bringing my Duck Boots anywhere
Ponte Pants: I may never wear real pants again (JCF Gigi Pant)
Jeans or Cords: Real pants are always a good idea too
Skirt: It's the perfect item to dress up or down. Bring one in a neutral color and mix and match it with other items you bring for the perfect outfit for any activity (JCF accordion pleat mini)
Field Jacket: I am loving my new J. Crew coat, it is perfect for this weather and so cute. (JCF Field Jacket)
Vest: Puffer vests are one of my favorite things about fall that I left off of my list. I wear mine all the time, also, Eddie Bauer has them on sale sometimes for amazing prices so keep an eye out! (Eddie Bauer Vest)
Necklace and/or Scarf: Bring a fun piece of jewelry with you. Just one that can add a little flare to your outfits, shockingly enough my tortoise flower necklace is my neutral travel go-to ;) (JCF necklace)
Flats: This should go without saying. A neutral flat will get you far in life. (Steve Madden)
Comfy Stuff: Relax, wear something comfortable, I know you'll want to on the drive back!
Toiletries: self-explanatory...I hope
Game Day Attire: I will be rocking some serious Orange and Maroon tomorrow

What are your weekend getaway essentials this fall?

xoxo,
SSP

No comments:

Post a Comment