Saturday, September 7, 2013

Game Day: Girls in Pearls

Who is ready to watch UVA trounce get annihilated by Oregon today? Well, if you want to watch it and you aren't in Charlottesville...it'll be on ESPN2.
I love college football. The tailgates, the hype, the fashion, and the fans. Admittedly, the game isn't a big deal at UVA but we get to dress cute and tailgate on the lawn, which is a plus. We're a notoriously preppy school (apparently credited with making duck boots popular?) and for football games it's "Girls in Pearls, Guys in Ties." Dressing for these early games is pretty easy because it just involves throwing on your Jack Rogers or cowboy boots, a sun dress, and pearls. I'll do a post about cold weather games later...but it is just too nice out today to think about stuff like that.


Sundress
I think I might actually be wearing a skirt to today's game, but still, same idea. A google search for game day dresses will result in several websites with adorable school spirit outfits. Some of the sites even separate the dresses by school color which is an awesome time saver. 
Boots
I love wearing my cowboy boots because they're sturdy and I am not worried about getting them trashed while I stand on the hill at the game. Plus, sundresses and cowboy boots go together like peas and carrots!
Jack Rogers
For those days where it's just too hot to wear your cowboy boots, or if you want to show off that new pedicure, Jacks are the way to go. Like the game day dresses, you can easily find these in almost every school color and they even sell college and sorority themed ones specifically!
Crossbody bag

I wish I'd had the forethought to buy a monogrammed bag for football games. I have my coral one, but obviously that doesn't go with my school's colors. Any crossbody will do, its just nice to have somewhere to keep your keys, phone, school ID, and a bit of cash.
Pearls
Naturally...you need these! Freshwater pearls are more than affordable if you find the right vendor. There are always glass pearls too if you're on a tight (college) budget. The advantage of the pearls is that you can literally change your outfit 60 times and they will still go perfectly with what you're wearing!

Sunglasses

Prevent those crows feet! Get some sunglasses so that you can actually enjoy the game...a lot more fun than squinting! Oh, and don't forget your croakies! Seriously, I don't care if you don't like how they look. A pair of sunglasses on croakies trumps a busted pair on the ground any day!

Again, I know that different schools have different dress codes. At tech we just wore a VT shirt and shorts...I loved that simple look plus seeing everyone in maroon and orange made the stadium look awesome! Also, just throwing this video clip of the greatest game I've ever attended in here...seriously, I still have dreams about this game. 

Happy Game Day!

xoxo,
SSP

No comments:

Post a Comment