Friday, September 27, 2013

For the Book Lover or Student In Us All...

Well, admittedly writing a post about books on the tail end of one about Mr. Darcy does seem a tad cliche, but I have started using a site I thought I'd share with y'all. I had come across Goodreads once or twice on Carly's blog and others and absolutely loved it. Plus, having allergy congestion is not conducive to going out, but it is good for curling up with a book and a cup of tea.
This week I decided to make an account and (attempt to) archive and rate books I've read. The nice thing about this site is that you can see what your friends are reading and get recommendations for books from other people. I love looking at reviews and ratings for books by other people, not just the critics. 
Through Good Reads I have discovered a few books (like 20...) that I want to read. Seriously, the nerd in me got lost for 45 minutes just looking through different book groups lists. Side Note: I love reading eBooks for convenience, but there is just something about physically turning a page that makes me really happy and Amazon Prime gets them here so fast that it's worth it. #NerdAlert
Right now I am starting on Kate White's "I Shouldn't Be Telling You This: Success Secrets Every Gutsy Girl Should Know." I have heard great things about this book and after being slightly disappointed by Lean In by Sheryl Sandberg, I am hoping to love this one!
If you have a Goodreads account or make one after reading this (hint: you should) be sure to add me! I'd love to know what y'all are reading. 

xoxo,
SSP

P.S. I get my class ring today...oh my gosh, halfway through college? panic!

1 comment:

  1. I just added you on Goodreads! We order our class rings in a few weeks...eek! It does not feel like I'm a junior in college!

    ReplyDelete