Saturday, September 21, 2013

Comforted by God

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God."
2 Corinthians 1:3-4


I have been so blessed to have this opportunity at UVA and to make wonderful friends and connect with amazing women that I get to call sisters. Yesterday an alumni of my Lambda Gamma chapter of Chi Omega and the mother to one of my dearest friends, and sisters, at UVA was called home to God.
Please send up thoughts and prayers for Laura and her family. I was never lucky enough to meet her Momma, but I know that to have raised a daughter as wonderful as Laura, she must have been pretty incredible herself.
Also, please continue to join me, Laura and so many others in the fight against Cancer. I relay for a world with more birthdays, and I hope you will too. If you'd like to donate to Laura's Relay for Life page in memory of her mother, here is the link: http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR?fr_id=60216&pg=personal&px=34828844

Laura, you are my sister in Chi Omega, a sister in Christ, and the best Arches buddy a girl could ever ask for.

No comments:

Post a Comment