Wednesday, February 25, 2015

How To: Styling an Oversized Men's Button-Down

I have a confession: my favorite shirts are men's shirts. Not just any men's shirts though, preferably ones that are a size or two larger than I am. It's an unspoken rule in college that wearing a large shirt over norts is 100% socially acceptable, but sometimes I want to be that comfortable in my cute clothes. My solution to this is wearing men's button-downs. I have a couple of my brothers old ones, both dress shirts and flannels, and constantly wish I had more. The flannels are saved for winter finals or cozy winter nights because there really isn't a way for me to make them super cute, but I love styling the dress shirt hand-me-downs. There are so many different ways to style these shirts and everyone has a different preference. Some people can get away with wearing them without a belt, however since that is my slimmest part of my body, I really prefer to still keep some emphasis on it.
{via}
{via}
{via}
{via}
There are plenty of women's stores out there that sell buttondowns for prices that probably exceed what you want to spend on a comfy, casual outfit. TJ Maxx or other discount stores (including thrift stores) will have just as good of a selection in their men's section. If you want the fit to be oversized, you may as well go to the source where that fit is guaranteed.

xx
erin

No comments:

Post a Comment