Friday, April 18, 2014

The Friday Five: Self-Reflection

Today's Five on Friday is a bit different in light of the insane week I have had. Seriously though, I have had so much to do in such little time (part procrastination, part Relay for Life, part unavoidable deadlines) that I feel more like a zombie than a human. I wore workout clothes to class two days in a row...this might mean nothing to y'all, but that is a pretty unusual thing for me to do. Life just got so crazy and in the little pockets of free time I had, I found myself evaluating my habits and character. Admittedly, I don't know why this happened, but I am glad it did, so in honor of that, today's Five on Friday is going to be 5 areas that I can improve on in my life.
This is actually a really hard thing to publish and I feel a bit exposed doing it, but that's all part of being a blogger, right? Well here it goes, here are the five things that I think I could improve on:
1) Time Management
This is a broad term for a host of issues. Its not that I am late for class, in fact I am usually early for my 9am on Mondays and Wednesdays, but I tend to leave at the last possible second. I get stuff done, I just wait until the last possible moment and then end up arriving right on time and a bit frazzled. A lot of life could be more enjoyable if instead of waiting until I have to do something, I get it done and then have time to relax more.
2) Working Out
Okay, big shock here, pinning various workouts does not actually have a direct correlation with working out. For all the time I spend thinking about how I want to get back in shape, I could actually just go out and do it. A runner's high is a real thing and I miss those. Plus, I feel more energized and I sleep better when I regularly exercise...oh and so much less stressed!
3) Care Less
I am such a worrywart and I get embarrassed at the drop of a hat. Seriously, I hate awkward situations and have been known to make them more awkward because I get uncomfortable. More than that, I constantly worry about what others think of me and how my actions influence that. I mean, if I post a personal photo to Instagram, I shouldn't worry about the fact that the significant majority of my followers aren't looking for that, it is my Instagram after all! 
4) My Faith
I might have fallen off the Catholic wagon a bit. It's not that I don't love my faith or God, it's just that I haven't been the greatest about going to church and praying. I find myself really only praying when I am asking God for something and not just doing it because I want to develop my faith and relationship with him. It's not that I think God spites me for this, I just think that I could really improve this area of my life and that it would bring me some peace of mind.
5) Building my Brand
I love this concept from Kate White's book and I wish I took it to heart a bit more. I am a business-minded person and thinking of all my actions as something that represents my personal brand would be a great way to go forward in life. I already believe that you get out of life what you are willing to put in and I need to take that mentality and run with it.

What are five areas you need to improve on? I just think this is a good idea to take a moment for self-reflection. Take a minute to think about it and if you want to share them with me, I'd love to know (you can comment or shoot me an email at sugarsnappearls@gmail.com)

xoxo,
SSP

No comments:

Post a Comment