Monday, April 21, 2014

Mountain Weekend

Monday Morning and back to the grind. I wish Easter was a holiday, I could really use the long weekend right now, but at least I got away for a couple of days. It was nice to finally be over that last week and onto happier times, not that my schedule or to-do list are relaxing much, but I just have fewer deadlines.
Going away for the weekend was the perfect amount of time to get my head ready for the week ahead, something that we could all use every once in a while. One of the things with traveling to a place like Wintergreen is that mountain air, while refreshing, is definitely on the cooler side. When going to a mountain for the weekend, layers are key because the temperature can change quickly and the day to night temperature drop is fairly steep.
We spent Saturday morning hiking, which, while strenuous, was a great way to take in the gorgeous weather.
Then because I was so tired from my week, I elected to stay in for the afternoon and paint my nails while hanging out in my pajamas. There is just something about spending a day in your pajamas that can reset your internal clock and energy level! (or am I the only one that feels that way?...)
Anyways, before you go on your next mountain excursion, remember to bring layers and stay away from bears!

xoxo,
SSP

No comments:

Post a Comment