Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Beach Week Bod and Finals

Guess where I am heading on May 11th? The Beach! I am so excited for Beach Week with my Chi O sisters and friends! A ton of people from UVA venture down to Myrtle Beach after finals for a few fun days and nights at the beach. It is the perfect way to unwind from finals, say goodbye for the summer (and to the fourth-years), and then come back and settle in for the summer. One thing that I am not super excited for is having to wear a bikini again. Let's be real, finals snacking and just generally not being on top of my workout routine is not boding well for me. Regardless, beach week is when it is, and there are a few ways to get ready in two weeks.
While my workout ethic has lacked a bit, I have been getting a workout in here and there, and finals is no excuse! I don't blame you if you're a bit skeptical, but for a super quick workout, I love the 8 Minute Abs and 8 Minute Arms workout videos on Youtube.

80s workout videos are so corny but they are effective. In fact, I discovered clips of the original "Buns Of Steel" workout video the other day on Youtube. I don't know if any of y'all have done that before but it is a great workout, complete with that fabulous aerobics attire.
To make a two week push for improving your beach week body, you also need a couple of other elements. Honestly, running is the best form of cardio that you can do. I know people don't like running, and to be honest, I used to be one of them. Then, I discovered a runner's high and I knew I was hooked...of course, if you are still skeptical, there are other ways to get your cardio in. 

As far as diet goes, try to stick with healthy snacks and meals (I say as I eat chocolate chips...). But seriously, there are so many ways to satisfy a craving without killing a diet. For example, I just discovered Dole Dippers and I am loving them.
Water is obviously incredibly important all the time and it will help to clear up your skin as well. If you throw some lemon, mint, and/or cucumber in the water, it will add some flavor and it also helps to make it a detox drink.

The bottom line is that with 2.5 weeks to the beach, you won't be in the best shape of your life, but you can tone and lose a couple of pounds before then. Plus, these are good habits to get in and exercising during finals will reduce stress (and maybe that will help curb that late-night Ben and Jerry's craving at the library)
Any other ideas for prepping for beach week?
xoxo,
SSP

No comments:

Post a Comment