Monday, February 10, 2014

Sweet and Simple Flats

Who doesn't love Target? I mean, I could (and sometimes do) spend hours perusing the place. Over the weekend, I was in the store and they had just put out a lot of their early spring line and I scored some great flats for walking around grounds.
One of the best things about my school can also be a total pain in the butt. I go to a historic university, where the Lawn we walk on every day is a world heritage site. It is beautiful and elegant and sometimes I can't believe how lucky I am to attend UVA. So how can that be a pain? Oh, well, it's the little things like having your basketball game moved from 7pm to 9pm because President Obama is bringing the French President to visit Monticello and the visit will mess up traffic patterns. Personally, my biggest woe is that the brick sidewalks do a number on my shoes. Honestly, just walking as much as I do can mess with my shoes, but the sidewalks don't help, and they don't discriminate between a $40 and $20 pair of flats. 
Luckily, I found the Madeline flat at Target and I am so excited to share my find with y'all. They're so cute and simple, perfect for any outfit needs at school. And the best part? They come in navy!
I have been searching for a pair of navy flats for a while...
sorry for the excitement
They're super cute and comparable to the J. Crew Classic Leather Ballet Flat, but for a fraction of the price. I have them in navy and coral and can't wait to use them as we transition to spring...at some point. Also, I know I can't be the only one who is getting increasingly tired of pulling out the same beaten up pair of riding boots day after day.
how cute is the gold?

What is your go-to school shoe?


xoxo,
SSP


P.S.I originally titled this post "Simple and Sweet" instead of "Sweet and Simple," if y'all were wondering why I need coffee to function, that is a prime example right there. Happy Monday...

1 comment:

  1. Those navy flats are too die for! I can never find navy flats..and those are cute, too!

    ReplyDelete