Thursday, February 14, 2013

Enamored with Enamel

Everyone who knows me could tell you that I basically live in my (faux) pearl studs. I rarely take them out and it actually takes some planning for me to switch them up on a day-to-day basis. They are just perfect, classy, timeless, and versatile I could rave on and on about pearls, but that would get boring and I wouldn't tell you anything you don't already know. 
My second favorite love is enamel earrings. Sure, I went through my "big drop earrings from Francesca's" phase, but those were so annoying and quite frankly I struggled to get them to go with all of my classic wardrobe. That was around the time I rediscovered enamel earrings, the preppy girl's solution to adding some pizzaz to her ears. They come in virtually every color, size, shape, and price range. Personally, I am a huge fan of Fornash, if you can't tell by my two pairs of green earrings from previous posts, but all of these are great. 
I love that I can still wear my pearl necklace and have some statement jewelry that pulls an outfit together. Basically what I am saying is that my knockoff J.Crew bubble necklaces (thanks, company in China...they rock!) and enamel earrings are a coping mechanism for my inability to stray from my classic, tried and true style. If this sounds like you, go get a pair or two of enamel earrings and a chunky statement necklace (troll the internet before you buy an expensive one though) and pretend like you accessorize with more variety than you do. 
Even if you already accessorize like you work at Bauble Bar, you should get a pair. Summer and sundress season are coming right around the corner (still in denial about bikini season...) and these earrings let you get your chunky jewelry fix without being a heavy necklace on a hot day.



(clockwise from top left)  Fornash // Swell Caroline // Tory Burch // Kate Spade // Fornash// Kate Spade // Stella & Dot 

I am coveting the elephants, bows, and monograms in particular. Which ones do you love?

xoxo,
SSP


No comments:

Post a Comment