Tuesday, December 2, 2014

My Practical Christmas List

Growing up and having your own place means being responsible for all those things you used to rely on mom and dad for. Seriously, my roommate and I have been using Trader Joes bags as trash bags for a week because we keep forgetting to pick up new ones! The freedom of having your own place is great, but sometimes it means making choices and having to make sacrifices that you didn't have to make when you were younger.
One thing that's changing this year is my Christmas list. I mean, there are still some cute sweaters, accessories, and other fun things on it, but some things are a bit less glamorous. Being on a college budget means that sometimes money you want to spend going out gets reallotted to practical things like groceries and rent. So this year, I am adding some slightly more practical things to my christmas list. Don't get me wrong, I actually like all the things on this list, but asking for a knife sharpener is a bit less fun than asking for a pair of Tory Burch Flats.
find all these items here!
You don't have to put only practical things on your list this year, but think about all those little things you need and why not ask your parents or relatives for them for Christmas. Maybe you will even score some bonus points for showing some maturity by asking for practical items. Honestly, I really hope I get an electric mixer for Christmas because hand whisking everything I bake is starting to get a bit old...

xx
erin

1 comment:

  1. I love this list! So many things on it are things I have been wanting for a while as well.Like the camelbak and and mini emergency kit.

    http://thepreppysisters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete