Wednesday, December 31, 2014

New Year's Eve Survival Guide

Can you believe the year is almost over?! I am so excited to ring in the New Year with my friends downtown. Usually, I go to upstate New York with my family, which is fun, but as I get older, I want to really celebrate the night. This year, a couple of my friends and I are going to the Washington Plaza Hotel for a party. This is a new experience for all of us, but we are going to go into tonight prepared. Plus, tomorrow is the Winter Classic and there is absolutely no way I will not be ready to go and watch that game (in a bar, not at the game...$300 for nosebleeds was a bit steep for me StubHub). Anyways, I am packing a little survival kit for the hotel and I thought I'd share it, just in case any of you are anticipating a fun night, too.
{One: Water} HYDRATE, HYDRATE, HYDRATE! Please drink water all day, throughout the event, and tomorrow morning. It'll keep you from getting too shambly and help prevent, or at least reduce, that hangover. Gatorade is also a good option for the morning after.
{Two: Makeup Remover Wipes and Blotting Pads} The blotting pads can reduce any unwanted shine in a crowded ballroom and the makeup remover wipes are perfect for getting that makeup off when you get back to the hotel room.
{Three: Hairspray} It'll keep your hair big and can help stop any run in your hose. 
{Four: Boob Tape} This stuff comes in a compact little container that you can actually fit in your clutch if need be and it is seriously a lifesaver when your dress might be a little loose in some places.
{Five: Flats} You may need these if your heels start to be a problem or they break, or a number of other unanticipated shoe, ankle, foot problems. 
{Six: Phone Charger} Make sure your phone is fully charged before going to the party. If you know your phone loses charge, bring a portable charging pack in your clutch or leave a charger in your room if the party is in the same hotel you're staying in.
{Seven: Aleeve and Sunglasses} Tomorrow morning can be rough.
{Eight: Snacks} Do you really want to compete with everyone else for late night food? Trust me, you are not the only one thinking that a pizza sounds good at 2 am. Instead, just bring some snacks with you. Also, eat throughout the day. Yes, you want to look good in your dress, but you don't want to look good at the expense of getting shambly because you have nothing in your stomach before you start drinkin.

Have a wonderful, safe, and Happy New Year! I will see y'all in 2015!
xx
erin

No comments:

Post a Comment