Friday, December 19, 2014

Friday Five: Christmas Break Smiles

It's the first Friday Five of Winter Break and I am yet again blogging from the (semi)comfort of my floor while my dog is curled up at my side and SportsCenter is on the TV. I'm sure at some point I am going to get a little bored of doing nothing all day, but for now, it feels amazing. Last night Momma and I went to the Washington Ballet Nutcracker at Warner Theatre, an annual tradition of ours. If you're from the DC area, I highly recommend going. The whole show is America/DC-themed and it's a fun spin on a classic, seriously the battle with the rats is the revolutionary war and the nutcracker is George Washington, I love it!

One: Garth Brooks Performs "Mom"
Garth Brooks is one of my all-time favorite artists and my momma is my best friend so I knew I was going to love this song. It seriously brought a few tears to my eyes so definitely give it a listen...just maybe not in the office.

This looks absolutely amazing. I have never actually made hot chocolate from anything other than a premade mix, so I definitely want to try this. Also debating using it as a base for a hot chocolate float dessert. It would definitely be too rich for me, but whenever I make food and my brothers' friends are over, I can find at least one willing guinea pig.


The story is super cute on its own, but I just really love watching the little baby goat prancing around. True story, once when we were visiting one of my dad's client's ranches in Texas, I almost got to keep an orphan baby goat, but Bridget was not a big fan of that idea...darn.

As someone who runs a blog and is working on another business venture, I absolutely agree with this article. I believe that side gigs are important, but not only because it can provide a supplemental income. The experience I have gained and the pride I have because of this little business I have created is the real prize, in my opinion.

"cock-blocktopus"
Well, the author could never actually ruin Love, Actually for me, but this article cracked me up. There are definitely some flaws in the story, but I don't watch it for its realistic feel. I mean, the American women in the bar absolutely crack me up every time. Also, there were two lines that I found particularly funny, so I hope that y'all find this as funny as sleep-deprived, post-finals Erin did. (if not, sorry)

xx
erin

No comments:

Post a Comment