Friday, June 7, 2013

Fashion Friday: Working Girl

my cousin, the unofficial Madison Lax mascot

Happy Friday! How is today so busy when I don't actually have work or anywhere in particular to go today? At least tomorrow is Saturday (even if it is busier than today for me). I am so excited for some of my family to come in town tonight. K and N's graduation party and state lacrosse championship game is tomorrow (anyone else going to be at Westfield HS, preferably cheering for Madison). 
This was a fun week for me because I started my job at Talbots and everything else is really kicking into high gear. So this summer I have a day job, an evening job at Talbots, oh and an internship. I might have overcommitted a tad, but I need the money and the experience, plus all my close friends have deserted me for their college towns this summer.
Monday
First day at Talbots, and since it was a first day on the job...I wore Lilly. Big shocker there, I know. I don't actually have any Talbots stuff yet but I have managed to stay in their color line without it. I love everything about this job. It is so fun to interact with the customers and the staff is great. I am really looking forward to working there this summer. If you didn't catch my cute and easy summer craft, check out my Pots that Pop post!
dress: Lilly Pulitzer // shoes: Target // necklace: Etsy // purse: Callahan's in Calabash (old) // nail polish: Essie Sugar Daddy

Tuesday
Back to Talbots for me! It was a pretty boring day overall. I really just kind of hung out and said goodbye to one of my last friends here. (K-Soms, I know you're still here girlllll, thank god). Oh and I prepped Wednesday's Self-Tanner post. Go read it my fellow working girls (we deserve a tan too!)
dress: Momma's closet (Ann Taylor) // shoes: Steve Madden // purse: Callahan's // bracelet: Fornash

Wednesday
On game day, we wear black or red. I love this skirt, but boy was it not meant for wind. Seriously, the multiple parts of it gave me a couple of Marilyn Monroe moments.
top: H&M // skirt: Target // shoes: Simply Vera (old) // necklace: Forever 21 (old)
Also, the game was at 5pm and thanks to that glorious Northern Virginia traffic, we had to leave at 4:15 for the game. Basically what I am saying is that I wasted a cute outfit on a nothing day. Well, it wasn't a nothing day, the boys did kick butt in that lacrosse game and K had five goals. Typical lax boy wearing whatever he wants in this interview  with the Washington Post. I am going to miss these lax games. I love sitting with F and eating hotdogs and M&Ms (he gets all the blue ones) and cheering on "our" brothers. 
K post-game interview; N is 00 (action shot in video)
Thursday
I had an internship meeting, a meeting with someone else, and work at Talbots. So yeah, busy much? I wore this all day and changed into jeans and red flats for work. It was a great outfit for a warm day but was so easy to transition to work appropriate (we have a nautical line right now, hence blue and red).
top: H&M // shorts: J. Crew // shoes: Jack Rogers // watch: NY&Co. 

Friday
Well I just typed this post in hour 3 of sitting in front of my computer. I had a bunch of work to get done this morning and I still have some paperwork to mail out this afternoon. Oh, and I have to clean and finish decorations for the party tomorrow and the family comes in town today. Mother Nature, can we nix the rain for tomorrow, please? 
top: Old Navy (great sale find) // shorts: J. Crew // shoes: Jack Rogers // bracelets: Fornash

Finally, the biggest of big good luck to my brothers in the State Championship Lacrosse Game tomorrow. Y'all are the bees knees and I am so proud of you. 
Have a great weekend, y'all!
xoxo,
SSP

No comments:

Post a Comment