Friday, June 21, 2013

Fashion Friday: National Wear Your Lilly Day!

First of all, Happy First Day of Summer...but more importantly, Happy National Wear Your Lilly Day!!! I loved seeing this in my Lilly planner and have been (im)patiently waiting for it, not that I need a holiday to wear some Lilly.


Monday
Goodness was I tired on Monday. Plus I realized that I really needed to do laundry because I wasn't loving anything I had. It was a double-shift day so I knew I really needed to be comfortable but still have the Talbots and professional look. Luckily, I am allowed to wear crops to my day job and I have two pairs of comfy ones from H&M a couple of years ago. Also, did you catch the 4th of July Monogram Monday?

sweater: White House Black Market // pants: H&M // shoes: Ann Klein // ring: The Jewel Box // watch: NY&Co. // yeah, McDonald's breakfast (what beach body?), but seriously, any drink, any size is $1 and the sausage biscuit was too hehe

Tuesday
I worked from 7:15am-9:30pm. I am not kidding, I bounced job to job all day. As rough as it was, I knew I was making money so I couldn't really complain. This is the dress that I was talking about in my "Working Girl's LBD" post. It really is the greatest dress and was totally manageable for such a long day.

cardigan: Old Navy // dress: Macy's (old) // bracelet: Fornash // shoes: Target
http://instagram.com/p/asqYkyyAWx/

Wednesday
I rocked a Lilly shift and flats to work and then changed into my jack rogers for my haircut! I finally got to the salon (life just kept getting in the way, that and money) to get rid of any and all dead hair. Since I told the lady I wanted to err on the side of safe rather than sorry, she cut almost 6 inches of hair! Of course, my hair was super long, so now it's just long. I also finally restarted my love of iced coffee at the local coffee shop next door. I usually try to stick with iced green tea (unsweetened, no water, light ice) from Starbucks because it's a bit healthier, but I just really needed that big caffeine boost. 
dress: Lilly Pulitzer (not pictured) //  shoes: Jack Rogers // nail polish: Essie Cute as a Button" // iced coffee: Cafe Amouri
http://instagram.com/p/awWJFpSAfz/

Thursday
Remember that one time Momma and I tried a detox? Well I told her I would start the Dr. Oz 3-day detox with her and quit already. I love green juices and even did a juice cleanse over winter break, but this was gross. I'll write another post about all my favorite cleanse juices and smoothies later. Also, I am writing this while watching the Heat-Spurs game...ugh, stressful. #TooInvestedInSport and, yes I was pulling for the Spurs :(
cardigan: Ann Taylor Loft // shirt: Old Navy // pants: H&M // headband: Vineyard Vines // shoes: Target // bracelet: Etsy // earrings: J. Crew
http://instagram.com/p/ax5CswyAWo/

Friday
Happy National Wear Your Lilly Day! Normally I would want to wear my favorite Lilly, but since I had work I just went with this shift. Also, I am thinking of trying an Instagram video OOTD post at some point...hmmm. 
dress: Lilly Pulitzer (duh) // belt: Gap // bracelet: Fornash // earrings: J. Crew // shoes: Target
http://instagram.com/p/a0aOSLSAY4/
Coming Up:
I get my first day off in over 2 weeks on Sunday! I am so excited for this weekend. After work tomorrow I have F (little cousin) for a sleepover and then on Sunday, I finally get to go to a Nationals game and see one of my good friends. Ahhh, I can't wait!

Are any of you participating in National Wear Your Lilly Day? What are y'all wearing?

xoxo,
SSP

P.S. Don't forget to switch to bloglovin, since Google Reader is going away in a couple weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment